Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Road to Gastric Bypass Surgery


This photo was taken in April 2009. The author, at 5 feet, 10 inches and a bit, weighs in at 294 pounds.
I have always been a 'big boy' - forever on the heavy side. No one however would call me 'fat' and certainly not obese. (In the Caribbean, I am always called "big mon"). Yet according to the official Body Mass Index (BMI) scale, I am "morbidly obese". (Google BMI for your own reading) A score of 30 is Obese. Morbidly Obese is 40 plus. My rating is 42.4. (Steve Veale)
(photo by Cathie Stanish)
 

5 comments:

  1. Steve,
    Great work on the blog, and thank you for the kind comments. I'll be checking in periodically.

    Congratulations!
    Dr. P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Dr Pesta for his comments. Terrific surgeon and great guy. Look forward to seeing him (and chedcking out his shart suits) during our follow sessions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to thanks Surgeon Dr. Pesta for his comments. And sharp suits - I really do want the name of his tailor soon. I look forward to seeing him at our next session.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you .........
    thanks
    gastric bypass surgery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments. I haven't updated the blog for awhile but I have passed the 2 1/2 year mark since surgery. For me, personally, I can honestly say it is the Best Thing I have ever done for both my physical and emotional health. Fruit Salad good! Chicken wings and beer... well, maybe two wings and half a beer. But then, that is all I can eat. Cheers. Steve

      Delete